Martin Luther King Jr. Day Artistic Expression Contest
Students are invited to submit forms of artistic/academic expression centered around the theme of Making his dream a reality…Reflecting on the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and our nation’s struggle for racial justice.
Submissions may include but are not limited to:
- Short stories
- Visual Art
- Performance Piece
Submissions will be evaluated on February 20. Three submissions will be selected to receive 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash prizes ($250; $100; and $75 respectively).
Submissions must be/have:
- Relevant to the Theme
- Consistent & Strong Message or Vision
- Creative Production Value
- Technically & Structurally Sound
1. Paper submissions can be submitted in the form of a jpg, pdf, OneDrive link
2. Academic Papers should have 1500-word limit
3. Creative Writing submissions should have a 2-page maximum.
1. Export your video in a YouTube acceptable format: .MOV .MPEG4 .MP4 .AVI .WMV .MPEGPS .FLV .3GPP .WEBM
2. Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo and copy the link. Please test your link to make sure you have successfully uploaded your video.
3. Video can be submitted in the form of a video or audio (MP3) file.
4. 1-2 minute video limit
1. This visual art piece can be visually shown through a collection of photos and creatively put together. Some ideas: using sound slides, photo gallery with music or power point presentation.
2. Please submit in following format: power point file, MOV. Quick Time, or YouTube link.
- Review the rules and criteria below prior to submitting your entry.
- Upload your pieces in a timely manner.
- All entries are due by February 10.
- After your piece is submitted, it will be reviewed
- Submissions will be evaluated in terms of their relevance to the theme : Making his dream a reality…Reflecting on the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and our nation’s struggle for racial justice.