Heritage Week 2020
Every October, Rosemont College celebrates its heritage with a week of events that mark the founding and the mission of the College. The Sisters of the Holy Child, under its founder, Cornelia Connelly, began the first Holy Child School in England on October 15, 1846. Sisters of the Holy Child later opened Rosemont College in 1921. This SHCJ heritage is the source of the mission of the College today, both of which we celebrate this week.
Activites for Heritage Week 2020
- Oct 5, Monday, 7 p.m., Heritage Holy Hour; Music, prayer, and reflection; Chapel of the Immaculate Conception / Facebook Live
- Oct 7, Wednesday, 12 p.m., Heritage Day ; Mass and College Community Mission Panel, Chapel of the Immaculate Conception / Facebook Live
- Oct 8, Thursday, 12 p.m., Student Celebration and Service Gathering; Conversations and Community-Outreach Crafts; Connelly Green Tent / Zoom.
- Oct 11, Sunday, 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., Traditions Old and New; Heritage and Mission Retreat for Students, Staff, Faculty, and Alumni, Chapel of the Immaculate Conception / Zoom Register Here.
- Oct. 6, 8, and 9, noon to 1 pm; New Employees: Rosemont College Mission & Story; Mission orientation for new employees. Emails will be sent to new employees with details.