Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
We're pleased that you are considering Rosemont College to pursue your future ambitions, and look forward to getting to know more about you. Read more about our admissions requirements for undergraduates below.
We seek students who have demonstrated a seriousness towards their academic life and in addition, bring a variety of interests, characteristics, and personal qualities in a combination that is unlike any other. All applications for admission submitted to Rosemont College are reviewed with the goal of determining your potential for success.
As soon as your application file is complete, all of the criteria for admission listed below are considered in making an admission decision. A key part of this process is that you submit your application and other required documents as soon as possible so that we can communicate an admission decision to you.
Admission and Enrollment Deadlines
- Early Action Promise: All first-year students who submit completed applications for admission no later than November 1st, 2019, will be guaranteed an admission decision by December 1st, 2019.
- Honors Program: Students applying to the Honors Program should submit their application on or before March 1st, 2020.
- Make it Official: Students accepted for admission are encouraged to submit an enrollment deposit to reserve a sear in the fall 2020 entering class by May 1st, 2020.
- Recommended deadline to turn in all documents: February 1st. However, Rosemont will accept applications on a rolling admissions basis
- Suggested date for Enrollment Deposit: May 1st.
How to Apply
- Fill out our Free online application. You may also use the Common Application.
- Official SAT/ACT score report (not required for our test-optional ROCO option!).
- Letters of recommendation (optional).
- Admissions essay
Recommended High School Credits in Foundational Areas
An applicant’s secondary school preparation should ordinarily include twelve units of college preparatory courses. All applicants are advised to include in their high school programs
- A minimum of four years of English
- Two years of a foreign language
- Two years of social studies
- Two years of laboratory science
- Two years of college preparatory mathematics.
2019 Incoming Student Profile
- First-Year Students: Average GPA: 3.25, Middle SAT Range: 960-1120, Average SAT: 1031, Middle ACT range: 16-20, Average ACT: 18.3
- First-year Honors Students: Average GPA: 3.73, Middle SAT Range: 1240-1300, Average SAT: 1241. Middle ACT Range: 22-23. Average ACT: 22.5
- First-Year Test Optional Students (ROCO): Average GPA: 3.39
- Transfer Students: Average GPA: 3.02