A four-year, full tuition scholarship.
The Cornelian Scholarship is awarded to two students each year who most represent the ideals of Cornelia Connelly: excellence in academics and commitment to social justice. The scholarship is named for Cornelia Connelly, the founder of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, and covers full tuition and fees at Rosemont College.
To be eligible students must:
- Have a high school GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Provide examples of a commitment to Social Justice
- Submit a completed application by adding Rosemont College to the Common Application or completing the Rosemont Application
- Submit official high school transcripts
- Submit FAFSA at studentaid.gov, entering Rosemont school code 003360 (not required, but highly suggested)
What You Need to Apply
Due by January 17, 2023.
Essay: With a minimum of 500-words, submit an essay on the following topic: The Cornelian mission is based on persistence and courage in promoting justice with compassion. Describe a personal experience during your time in high school in which you promoted a cause that you felt was just. What was the result? What did you learn from this experience?
Letter of Recommendation: Submit one letter of recommendation from a source other than that used for your Rosemont College application. This could be a counselor, teacher, or a member of the community who is familiar with your academic work and/or your community service work.
Email all materials to email@example.com with the subject line, “Cornelian Scholarship Materials." Or you can mail materials to Rosemont College | Admissions Office | 1400 Montgomery Ave | Rosemont, PA 19010. Mail must be postmarked by January 10, 2023, which is one week prior to the deadline.
Finalists will be notified from the office of undergraduate admissions and invited to campus for an interview with the selection committee between Tuesday, January 31 and Friday, February 3, 2023. If students have circumstances that prevent them from coming to campus, virtual interviews may be offered.
Expectations of a Cornelian Scholar
As a Cornelian Scholar, you will be expected to commit to the following requirements during your time at Rosemont College:
- Complete 80 hours of service in two categories: Rosemont Service and Community Service
- Attend monthly meetings with Campus Ministry and other Cornelian Scholars
- Maintain 3.0 GPA
- Become involved in extra-curricular experiences, specifically in service leadership position(s)