Return To The Nest FAQs
What is “Return to the Nest?”
Return to the Nest is an innovative, debt forgiveness program that welcomes back former Rosemont students who paused their college studies. If you return to complete your degree, we will forgive any outstanding debt owed to Rosemont, up to $10,000.
How do I know if I qualify?
To qualify for “Return to the Nest,” you must:
- Not have been enrolled at Rosemont College for the last 2 years
- Complete the readmission process by going to rosemont.edu/return
- Complete your degree within 6 years from enrollment into the “Return to the Nest” program
- Maintain consecutive enrollment for all semesters required by the academic program until the completion of the degree
- Complete a minimum of 6 credits a semester
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 for periods of enrollment after being accepted into the program. Some majors require a higher GPA to remain enrolled. Please inquire with the Admissions Counselor about the major you are considering.
- Have an approved payment arrangement to cover any new financial obligations for the current and future semesters
- Pay off any balance above the allotted amount prior to participating in “Return to the Nest”
How do I apply?
Complete the readmission process by going to www.rosemont.edu/return
Why is Rosemont doing this?
We recognize that, for many students, obtaining a college degree is not always a linear path. We want students to understand that pausing a college education doesn’t mean ending it. We know that sometimes life gets in the way of earning a college degree.
We believe strongly in the POWER of a college education, not only in the increased earning power a degree offers, but in its ability to transform lives.
We welcome all former students, who were unable to complete their degree, to “Return to the Nest.” For those for whom debt is an obstacle, we want to remove it and make their dream of a college degree easier to achieve.
Will this forgive federal or private loans I took out to attend college?
“Return to the Nest” is a program that forgives debt owed directly to Rosemont. Federal or private student loans are not a part of this program. Questions about those loans should be directed to the appropriate lender.
What types of debt qualify for forgiveness under this program?
The debts that are eligible for forgiveness are ones directly owed to Rosemont, for items such as tuition, room and board, and books.
What if I encounter difficulty again in completing my degree – do I lose the chance to have my debt to Rosemont forgiven?
We understand that life sometimes gets in the way of plans and dreams. If you find you are struggling to fulfill the requirements of “Return to the Nest,” reach out to us, and let us help you. We are committed to helping you at every step of your journey to complete your degree.
I’d like to try this program, but I’m worried that I may not be ready or that other commitments may prevent me from completing my degree again.
Please give us a call and talk to one our counselors. We truly understand that finishing a degree can be a challenge. There may be creative options or additional support that we can offer you to help you realize your dream.