Rosemont encourages all students to consider an internship as part of the experiential learning component of our robust liberal arts curriculum. Imagine having the chance to actually do the work you aspire to do before you fully commit to it as a career.
That's the beauty of an internship. You may discover you love it. You may discover it isnt for you. Either way, you will learn from it, and apply the theories and practical skills you've learned in the classroom to real-world scenarios.
If you know of an Internship opportunity, or you'd like to share a previous internship experience, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships allow you to develop your skills in a professional environment. By completing assigned tasks within a set amount of time, interning always you to observe and experience an occupation before committing to it as a career.
The opportunity also allows you to apply the theories and practical skills you learn in a classroom in a first-hand manner.
Full semester internships are student-initiated and are arranged for qualified students in most disciplines with the approval of a faculty member in that field. If you're interested in arranging an internship, please contact your advisor or the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success.
- You must apply for internship credits in a timely manner, completing the forms available in the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success by the end of drop/add period.
- The application must include a detailed description of the terms of the internship and evaluative procedure to be used during the semester.
- A minimum of thirty two hours at the internship site is required for every academic credit you receive. Every student must have an on-site sponsor who takes responsibility for teaching the student, avoiding merely routine tasks.
- The Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success will assist the faculty advisor in monitoring and evaluating the internship, visiting the site where feasible.
- The student will keep a journal, write papers, or perform other reflective written assignments, as directed by their academic advisor. These assignments are not necessarily the student's only obligation for the course.
- There will be an evaluation form for the student and the supervisor as part of the internship experience.
Credits for internships will be determined by the department based on duration and academic merit of the internship.
"I applied for an Internship with the Norristown Police Department during the Career Fair. I was so eager to start an internship and followed up with the Police Department. They called me in for an interview.
After the interview I was really anxious about it. The Norristown Police Department then called me and said I got the internship. I was super excited. I did the internship over the summer and had a phenomenal experience."
- Tamani Smalls - Internship with Norristown Police Department
- Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County - Graphic Design Intern
- Adolescent and Young Adult Advocates - Web Design Internship
- FMC - Inside Sales Internship
- SAP - Intern Communication Support for Industries and Customer Advisory
- Bethany Beach Police Department - Seasonal Police Officer Internship Summer 2021
- Cubesmart - Sales Center Internship
- Genesis Healthcare - Intern
- Siemens - Project Management Intern
- Philadelphia Union - Community Relations Intern Spring 2021
- Philadelphia Union - Event Operations Intern Spring 2021
- Amtrak - Real Estate Intern Spring 2021
- Amtrak - Digital Media and Communications Intern Spring 2021
- Lincoln Financial - Corporate Communications Summer Internship 2021
- SEO Digital Group - Marketing Content Writer Internship Spring 2021
- Art of Living PrimaMedia - Journalism Intern
- Art of Living PrimaMedia - Remote Graphic Design Internship
- Art of Living PrimaMedia - Publicity Marketing Internship
- Idea Business Consulting - Supply Chain Management Intern Spring Summer 2021
- Headstrong Foundation - Community Engagement Intern Spring 2021
- Wipfli - Tax Administration Intern Spring 2021
- QVC - YouTube TikTok Strategy Social Media Intern Spring 2021
- Comcast - CCIP Corporate Enterprise Marketing Intern
- Comcast - CCIP Corporate Treasury Intern
- Comcast - CCIP Corporate Strategy Intern
- Lincoln Financial - Marketing Internship 2021
- Talking Points - Sports Writer Internship
- QVC - Communications Internship Spring 2021
- Great Valley Publishing Company - Editorial Internship
- The Borgen Project - Virtual Writer Internship
- The Borgen Project - Political Affairs Internship
- ReMed - Patient Care Technician Internship
- Tri-State Design - Accounting Assistant Internship
- Sila - Social Media Internship
- Ernest and Young - Supply Chain and Operations Internship Summer 2021
- Johnson and Johnson - Consumer Customer Development Internship Summer 2021
- Dupont - Supply Chain and Global Procurement Internship
- Dupont - Environmental Health and Safety Spring and Summer Internship
- Lockheed Martin - Global Supply Chain Internship
- Morgan Stanley - Intern
- CliftonLarsonAllen - Summer Intern 2021
- M7 Media Group - Website Digital Intern
- BravoGroup, Inc. - Digital Marketing Internship
- SEO Digital Group - Marketing Content Writer Internship
- FringeArts - Remote Marketing Internship
- The Almo Corporation - Content Marketing Internship
- Citizen's Bank - Commercial Summer Intern 2021
- Merck - Project Management Communications Intern
- QVC - Ecommerce Internship Spring 2021
- Johnson and Johnson - 2021 Medical Device Marketing Leadership Development Program
- Siemens - Finance Leadership Development Internship
- Global Atlantic Financial Group - Sales Intern - Summer 2021
- Department of Justice - Pathways Internship Program - Bureau of Prisons Human Resource Student Traine
Internship requirements vary by major as follows:
|Accounting, B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Biology, B.A.||BIO-0460||3 credits|
|Business, (all tracks), B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Chemistry, B.A.||CHE-0460||3 credits|
|Communication, B.A.||COM-0495||3 credits|
|Education, B.S.||EDU-0455||6 - 12 credits|
|English, B.A.||ENG-0420||0 - 3 credits|
|*History, B.A.||HIS-0482||No internship requirement|
|History of Art, B.A.||ARH-0480||1 - 6 credits|
|*Mathematics, B.A.||ECR-0405||No internship requirement|
|*Philosophy, B.A.||PHI-0485||No internship requirement|
|Political Science, B.A.||PSC-0455||3 credits|
|Psychology, B.A.||PSY-0461||3 credits|
|Theology & Religious Studies, B.A.||RST-0480||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.A.||SOC-0455||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.S.||SOC-0455||9 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.F.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|0 credit internship||ECR-0400||0 credit|
|Elective Credit Experiential Learning||ECR-0405||1 - 12 credits|
*No internship required for major. Student must complete an experiential learning requirement (Internship, Study Abroad, Service Learning or Research).