Rosemont encourages all students to consider an internship as part of the experiential learning component of our robust liberal arts curriculum. Imagine having the chance to actually do the work you aspire to do before you fully commit to it as a career.
That's the beauty of an internship. You may discover you love it. You may discover it isnt for you. Either way, you will learn from it, and apply the theories and practical skills you've learned in the classroom to real-world scenarios.
If you know of an Internship opportunity, or you'd like to share a previous internship experience, email us at email@example.com.
Internships allow you to develop your skills in a professional environment. By completing assigned tasks within a set amount of time, interning always you to observe and experience an occupation before committing to it as a career.
The opportunity also allows you to apply the theories and practical skills you learn in a classroom in a first-hand manner.
Full semester internships are student-initiated and are arranged for qualified students in most disciplines with the approval of a faculty member in that field. If you're interested in arranging an internship, please contact your advisor or the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success.
- You must apply for internship credits in a timely manner, completing the forms available in the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success by the end of drop/add period.
- The application must include a detailed description of the terms of the internship and evaluative procedure to be used during the semester.
- A minimum of thirty two hours at the internship site is required for every academic credit you receive. Every student must have an on-site sponsor who takes responsibility for teaching the student, avoiding merely routine tasks.
- The Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success will assist the faculty advisor in monitoring and evaluating the internship, visiting the site where feasible.
- The student will keep a journal, write papers, or perform other reflective written assignments, as directed by their academic advisor. These assignments are not necessarily the student's only obligation for the course.
- There will be an evaluation form for the student and the supervisor as part of the internship experience.
Credits for internships will be determined by the department based on duration and academic merit of the internship.
"I applied for an Internship with the Norristown Police Department during the Career Fair. I was so eager to start an internship and followed up with the Police Department. They called me in for an interview.
After the interview I was really anxious about it. The Norristown Police Department then called me and said I got the internship. I was super excited. I did the internship over the summer and had a phenomenal experience."
- Tamani Smalls - Internship with Norristown Police Department
- eResearch Technology - Marketing and Communication Intern
- Next Level Video - Fall Event Operations Internship
- NXT - Event Management and Operations Internship
- Media Dei - Marketing Internship
- TJX Corporation - Human Resources Internship
- TJX Corporation - Finance / IT Internship
- TJX Corporation - Distribution Operations Internship Program
- The Philadelphia Union - Game Operations Intern Fall 2020
- Lockheed Martin Corporation - Supply Chain Intern
- Idle Learning, Inc. - Student Internship
- Pandemic Professors - Intern with an Education Non-Profit
- CHUBB Group - Finance Intern
- Johnson and Johnson - 2021 Medical Device Marketing Leadership Development Program
- Siemens - Finance Leadership Development Internship
- Global Atlantic Financial Group - Sales Intern - Summer 2021
- Department of Justice - Pathways Internship Program - Bureau of Prisons Human Resource Student Trainee
- Conservation Legacy - Nature Resource Conservation Intern - Valley Forge National Park
- Soccer Shots - Coaching Internship Fall Season 2020
- Gwynedd Wealth Solutions - Financial Services Marketing Intern
- Clean it Supply - Graphic Artist Intern
- Fanatics - Business Management Intern Fall 2020 - Spring 2021
- Penn Solutions - Fall Internship Program - Business Consulting, Communication
- Brownstein Group - Account Management Intern
- Philadelphia Union - Partnership Marketing Intern Fall 2020
- Wipfli - Financial Advisory Internship Summer 2021
- Comcast - 2021 Finance Internship Program
- TD Bank - 2021 Summer Internship Program - Commercial Banking
- Campaign for Working Families - Tax Associate Internship 2020-2021
- TP Taxes - Accounting Professional Intern
- Baker Tilly - Tax Audit Internship Summer 2021
- The Borgen Project - Political Affairs Internship
- Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts - Graphic Design Internship
- Eats4Beats - Graphic Design Internship
- Northwestern Mutual Insurance Company - Internship
- Team Dental - Social Media and Marketing Internship
- Shub Law Firm - Social Media PR Manager Internship
- Penn Memory Center - Communication Internship
- High Performance Tennis Academy - Sports Marketing Internship
- First Person Arts - Marketing and Communication Internship
- The Borgen Project - Marketing Internship
- Soccer Shots - Coaching Internship Fall 2020
- Compass Group - Intern
- DaVita - Social Worker Intern
- Wills Eye Hospital - Clinical Intern
- Cyber Swordsmen - Internship
- Grant Thornton - Tax Intern Winter 2021
- Grant Thornton - Audit Intern Summer 2021
- Grant Thornton - Tax Intern Summer 2021
- JEVS - Marketing Communications Internship Fall 2020
- RKL - Audit Intern Summer 2021
- ACS - Financial Service Intern
- Ed Snider Youth Hockey - Education Intern Fall 2020
- Ed Snider Youth Hockey - Development Intern Fall 2020
- ARO Group - Marketing Intern
- Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP. - Risk and Internal Audit Consulting Intern
- Novagradac & Company - 2021 Staff Accountant Intern
- FringeArts - Fall Internships - Communication, Marketing and Graphic Design
- Techstarters - Nerdy Creative Design Internship
- Enowa - Marketing and Administrative Intern
- Meddkit - Marketing Intern
- Elements Media Networks Broadcasting, Inc. - Public Relations Intern
- Elysium Marketing Group - Fall Marketing Intern
- The Stein Team - Marketing Intern
- Cigna - Accounting/Financial Reporting Intern
- CBRE Group, Inc. - Internship
- Northwestern Mutual - Sales, Marketing, Finance Internship
- The Years Project - Environmental Research and Journalism Intern Fall 2020
- Soccer Shots - Coaching Internship Fall 2020
- Anxiety and OCD Center - Psychology Intern
- Maestro Sports and Entertainment - Marketing and Sales Intern Fall 2020
- Elwyn - Social Work Intern Fall 2020
- Penn Solutions - Media Communications Intern Fall 2020
- SAP - Intern Customer Service Executive Events
- Thomas Scientific - Digital Marketing Intern
- Pop Promos - Finance Clerk Intern
- Vanguard - Finance and Accounting Internship
- Vanguard - Business Internship
- Main Social Media - Graphic and Web Design Internship
- Soccer Shots - Coaching Internship
- Northwestern Mutual - Sales Internship
Internship requirements vary by major as follows:
|Accounting, B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Biology, B.A.||BIO-0460||3 credits|
|Business, (all tracks), B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Chemistry, B.A.||CHE-0460||3 credits|
|Communication, B.A.||COM-0495||3 credits|
|Education, B.S.||EDU-0455||6 - 12 credits|
|English, B.A.||ENG-0420||0 - 3 credits|
|*History, B.A.||HIS-0482||No internship requirement|
|History of Art, B.A.||ARH-0480||1 - 6 credits|
|*Mathematics, B.A.||ECR-0405||No internship requirement|
|*Philosophy, B.A.||PHI-0485||No internship requirement|
|Political Science, B.A.||PSC-0455||3 credits|
|Psychology, B.A.||PSY-0461||3 credits|
|Theology & Religious Studies, B.A.||RST-0480||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.A.||SOC-0455||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.S.||SOC-0455||9 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.F.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|0 credit internship||ECR-0400||0 credit|
|Elective Credit Experiential Learning||ECR-0405||1 - 12 credits|
*No internship required for major. Student must complete an experiential learning requirement (Internship, Study Abroad, Service Learning or Research).