Rosemont encourages all students to consider an internship as part of the experiential learning component of our robust liberal arts curriculum. Imagine having the chance to actually do the work you aspire to do before you fully commit to it as a career.
That's the beauty of an internship. You may discover you love it. You may discover it isnt for you. Either way, you will learn from it, and apply the theories and practical skills you've learned in the classroom to real-world scenarios.
If you know of an Internship opportunity, or you'd like to share a previous internship experience, email us at email@example.com.
Internships allow you to develop your skills in a professional environment. By completing assigned tasks within a set amount of time, interning always you to observe and experience an occupation before committing to it as a career.
The opportunity also allows you to apply the theories and practical skills you learn in a classroom in a first-hand manner.
Full semester internships are student-initiated and are arranged for qualified students in most disciplines with the approval of a faculty member in that field. If you're interested in arranging an internship, please contact your advisor or the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success.
- You must apply for internship credits in a timely manner, completing the forms available in the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success by the end of drop/add period.
- The application must include a detailed description of the terms of the internship and evaluative procedure to be used during the semester.
- A minimum of thirty two hours at the internship site is required for every academic credit you receive. Every student must have an on-site sponsor who takes responsibility for teaching the student, avoiding merely routine tasks.
- The Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success will assist the faculty advisor in monitoring and evaluating the internship, visiting the site where feasible.
- The student will keep a journal, write papers, or perform other reflective written assignments, as directed by their academic advisor. These assignments are not necessarily the student's only obligation for the course.
- There will be an evaluation form for the student and the supervisor as part of the internship experience.
Credits for internships will be determined by the department based on duration and academic merit of the internship.
"I applied for an Internship with the Norristown Police Department during the Career Fair. I was so eager to start an internship and followed up with the Police Department. They called me in for an interview.
After the interview I was really anxious about it. The Norristown Police Department then called me and said I got the internship. I was super excited. I did the internship over the summer and had a phenomenal experience."
- Tamani Smalls - Internship with Norristown Police Department
- Cigna - Accounting/Financial Reporting Intern
- CBRE Group, Inc. - Internship
- Northwestern Mutual - Sales, Marketing, Finance Internship
- The Years Project - Environmental Research and Journalism Intern Fall 2020
- Soccer Shots - Coaching Internship Fall 2020
- Anxiety and OCD Center - Psychology Intern
- Maestro Sports and Entertainment - Marketing and Sales Intern Fall 2020
- Elwyn - Social Work Intern Fall 2020
- Penn Solutions - Media Communications Intern Fall 2020
- SAP - Intern Customer Service Executive Events
- Thomas Scientific - Digital Marketing Intern
- Pop Promos - Finance Clerk Intern
- Vanguard - Finance and Accounting Internship
- Vanguard - Business Internship
- Main Social Media - Graphic and Web Design Internship
- Soccer Shots - Coaching Internship
- Northwestern Mutual - Sales Internship
- Pinnacle Partners - Remote Internship
- SAP - Intern Strategic Programs and University Engagement
- Baker Tilly - Winter 2021 Internship
- Lincoln Financial Actuarial Development Internship
- Dow Chemical - Internship Student Engagement Event
- CliftonLarsonAllen - Intern
- Campbell Soup Company - Communication Intern
- Pfizer - Digital Rotational Program
- Pfizer - Summer Student Worker
- The Borgen Project - Virtual Writer Internship
- The Borgen Project - Virtual PR Marketing Intern
- True Synergy - Marketing and Communications Internship Summer 2020
- TMNA - Finance Internship Summer 2020
- TEVA Pharmaceuticals - Regulatory Affairs Internship Summer 2020
- SEI - Business and Quality Analyst Intern Summer 2020
- SAP - Customer and Engagement Experience Marketing Internship Summer 2020
- Penn Solutions - Internship Summer 2020
- Northwestern Mutual - Sales, Marketing, Finance Internship
- NBC Sports - Summer Internship 2020
- Modern Luxury - Editorial Internship Summer 2020
- Johnson & Johnson - Consumer Brand Internship Summer 2020
- GenZ Publishing - Marketing Internship Summer 2020
- GenZ Publishing - Editorial Internship Summer 2020
- GenZ Publishing - Acquisition Internship Summer 2020
- Garfield Group - Design Intern Summer 2020
- Frontline Technologies - Sales and Marketing Internship Summer 2020
- Frontline Education - Internship Summer 2020
- First Quality - Supply Chain Internship Summer 2020
- DHL - Intern Summer 2020
- CBS - Creative Internship Summer 2020
- Briar Bush Nature Camp Counselor Summer 2020
- Brian Communications - Design Intern Summer 2020
- Astra Zeneca - Marketing Intern Summer 2020
Internship requirements vary by major as follows:
|Accounting, B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Biology, B.A.||BIO-0460||3 credits|
|Business, (all tracks), B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Chemistry, B.A.||CHE-0460||3 credits|
|Communication, B.A.||COM-0495||3 credits|
|Education, B.S.||EDU-0455||6 - 12 credits|
|English, B.A.||ENG-0420||0 - 3 credits|
|*History, B.A.||HIS-0482||No internship requirement|
|History of Art, B.A.||ARH-0480||1 - 6 credits|
|*Mathematics, B.A.||ECR-0405||No internship requirement|
|*Philosophy, B.A.||PHI-0485||No internship requirement|
|Political Science, B.A.||PSC-0455||3 credits|
|Psychology, B.A.||PSY-0461||3 credits|
|Theology & Religious Studies, B.A.||RST-0480||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.A.||SOC-0455||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.S.||SOC-0455||9 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.F.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|0 credit internship||ECR-0400||0 credit|
|Elective Credit Experiential Learning||ECR-0405||1 - 12 credits|
*No internship required for major. Student must complete an experiential learning requirement (Internship, Study Abroad, Service Learning or Research).