Steps to Certification
Please see below the requirements and steps to become certified in Pennsylvania on both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Complete all program coursework.
- Earn at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Complete and pass all basic skills tests prior to 60 credits (Undergraduate College ONLY).
- Complete and pass relevant Pennsylvania Educator Certification Tests (PECT) and PRAXIS tests.
- Meet with the Certification Officer, Denise Falconi, to complete the certification request form. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your application to the TIMS (Teacher Information Management System) site (Certification Officer will provide this information and directions),
The Certification Officer will then affirm and recommend you for certification on the TIMS site.
- You will be sent notification from the Certification Officer that this recommendation has been completed and will then wait for the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) to evaluate.
- Official contact from PDE varies during the time of the year but is typically 4-6 weeks.
- Once contacted via email that you have been approved for certification, you will print your certificate from the TIMS site.
Please contact Dr. Falconi with any questions. email@example.com