BS in Criminal Justice Degree Requirements
trends, issues, and real-world applications into the classroom.
- Transfer up to 90 credits.
- Training in the police academy, POLEX, NWSPSC, FBI-NA, Joint Services Transcripts, and others may be considered credits for transfer.
- Gain credit for life experience.
- Courses are available on campus and online. Courses are also taught at the Philadelphia Police Academy.
These options allow you to save on tuition and finish the program more quickly. Choose between concentrations in Forensics, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, and Social Services.
Core Criminal Justice Courses (33 Credits)
- The Criminal Justice System
- Substantive Criminal Law & Procedure
- Criminal Investigations
- Diversity and the Law
- Sociology of Law and Violence
- Statistical Analysis and the Criminal Justice System
- Investigational Research Methods
- Women in the Criminal Justice System
- Professional Seminar
Criminal Justice Electives (21 Credits)
Choose seven courses, examples are listed below.
- Introduction to Corrections
- Introduction to Law Enforcement
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Probation and Parole
- Understanding Terrorism
- Criminalistics - Crime Scene Investigation
- Cyber Crime
- Policing Techniques: Interviewing and Interrogation
- Drugs, Crimes, and Society
- Sexual Offenses, Offenders, & Victims
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
General Education (57 Credits)
In addition to meeting the course requirements for the Business Administration major, all students must also fulfill 57 credits of general education requirements. Our unique approach to a liberal arts education is focused on enhancing each student's individual gifts and talents.