Adult Professional Criminal Justice Programs
Agents of Change. Ethics. Professionalism. Social Justice.
Rosemont’s Criminal justice and Homeland Security and Emergency Management programs provide not just a competitive edge, but a strong ethical foundation to those working in this crucial field. Our associate's and bachelor's degree programs will expose you to the innovation and best practices necessary to protect lives and civil liberties, especially in times of tension. A focus on social and equitable justice is the cornerstone of the curriculum.
Rosemont College was founded a century ago to “meet the wants of the age.” A degree in Criminal Justice from Rosemont will provide you with the tools needed to respond to society’s needs in our ever-changing world.
Take your career to the next level. For many law enforcement officers within the Greater Philadelphia region, the completion of an associate’s degree can result in pay increases of $300 to $2,500, depending on their collective bargaining agreement. Credits you’ve earned at the Police Academy may count to your degree.
In our complex world, competent leaders are needed more than ever. If you are interested in a career in law enforcement, court administration, the judicial system, corrections, public or private security, or another related field, then Rosemont College’s Criminal Justice program gives you the skills you need to help bring change and justice to some of today's most challenging situations.
You may choose from four optional specialized tracks to focus your degree: Forensics, Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, or Social Services.
Structured to Meet the Needs of Busy, Working Adults
- Convenient Online Format: Courses are offered online and structured to allow you to complete coursework independently, when it’s convenient for you.
- Manageable Coursework: Full-time accelerated students take two courses every seven weeks.
- Earn Credit for Previous Experience: Transfer up to 90 credits and gain credit for police academy, prior college credit, professional licenses and/or certificates, or other work experience. Learn more.
- Immediate ROI: Classroom learning will come to life through case studies where you’ll be encouraged to use your own job as a learning lab—which has the added benefit of reinforcing your value to your current employer.
- Experienced, Supportive Faculty: Our faculty are experienced professionals. They are experts in what they teach, and have strong connections in their professional communities. Get to know our instructors.
- Expand Your World: As busy adults it can be hard to expand your worldview. Rosemont attracts a diverse student body, which brings different experiences and knowledge to the classroom, providing a robust learning experience.
- Easy & Free to Apply: We believe a quality education should be affordable and attainable, and our application process reflects this commitment. Applying is easy, and free. Click for information on how to apply.
Rosemont's School of Graduate and Professional Studies is affiliated with
- The Naval Postgraduate School’s Center for Homeland Defense and Security University and Agency Partner Initiative CHDS Partnership
- UAPI Affiliate Listing
- FEMA Higher Ed Program
- FBI - Law Enforcement Executive Development Assocation
Our students excel in critical analysis and decision-making skills; the ability to respond to potentially dangerous situations; navigate complex situations; and succeed at disaster recovery on the local, state and federal levels. Their ability to communicate as well as understand the ethical and social impact of their actions and decisions routinely sets them apart in the industry. Read some of our students' stories.
Network Through Rho Chi Chapter of Lambda Alpha Epsilon
Rosemont's School of Graduate and Professional Studies is proud to have chartered Rho Chi, a chapter of the American Criminal Justice Association- Lambda Alpha Epsilon. The mission of Rho Chi is for “Rosemont College Criminal Justice alumni, current students, and faculty to join together in fellowship, mentoring, and networking to provide excellence in enhancing the education of our students to create a positive change in our community as Agents of Change.”
Rosemont’s Criminal Justice and Homeland Security and Emergency Management programs advance the careers of those already employed in or seeking to enter the fields of law enforcement, fire services, emergency management, military, public health, judicial and global intelligence fields.
Aim for Further Career Advancement with Rosemont's Graduate Programs
Further advancement in your career can be yours beyond the completion of your undergraduate degree. Set your sights on these programs at Rosemont College:
Gain the skills you need to advance to leadership positions in the criminal justice system. For motivated undergraduate students, you can transition easily into Rosemont's Master of Arts in Homeland Security & Emergency Management (MA-HLS&EM) program.
Delivered fully online, the Master of Arts in Homeland Security & Emergency Management (MA-HLS&EM) integrates the disciplines of Homeland Security, Criminal Justice, and Emergency Management with a dynamic foundation of ethics and social justice principles.
Another option for career advancement is Rosemont's online MBA in Homeland Security and Emergency Management. You’ll develop a strong business acumen and management skills that are essential to building disaster-mitigation strategies.
The graduate Certificate in Forensic Psychology is designed to train professionals to work with people within the criminal and civil justice systems, including civil, criminal and family court system.
Professionals who will benefit from this program including law enforcement, intelligence analysts, first responders, social workers, corrections officers, probation/ parole agents, mental health workers, nurses, disaster relief workers, CISM Teams members, public health and emergency management personnel.