Online BA in Applied Psychology
Advance Your Mind by Learning How It Works
Are you interested in understanding yourself and others better—and using this knowledge to have a positive impact?
As a BA in Applied Psychology student, you will critically examine historical and contemporary perspectives on how people think, feel, and behave. You will become knowledgeable in psychological methods, and apply them to understanding human behavior in professional, family, and community settings.
You’ll be supported by faculty who have firsthand experience in the field, and by staff who are trained in supporting busy, working adults.
Skills and Outcomes
The BA in Applied Psychology is designed to provide you with a thorough grounding in behavioral science at a practical level that will prepare you for a profession in human services or for advancement to graduate studies in counseling, education, or business. As a graduate you will be knowledgeable in:
- Theories and research that have shaped the field of psychology.
- Theories and models of multicultural counseling, cultural identity development, cultural diversity, social justice, and advocacy.
- The role culture plays in shaping our thinking and perspectives.
- Major research designs used by psychologists to answer hypotheses.
- How to conduct a psychological literature review, and write using APA style.
- How to integrate and apply therapeutic knowledge in an applied/clinical setting, and everyday life.
Structured to Meet the Needs of Busy, Working Adults
- Convenient Online Format: Courses are offered online and structured to allow you to complete coursework independently, when it’s convenient for you.
- Manageable Coursework: Full-time accelerated students take two courses every seven weeks.
- Immediate ROI: Classroom learning will come to life through case studies where you’ll be encouraged to use your own job as a learning lab—which has the added benefit of reinforcing your value to your current employer.
- Experienced, Supportive Faculty: Our faculty are experienced professionals. They are experts in what they teach, and have strong connections in their professional communities.
- Expand Your World: As busy adults it can be hard to expand your worldview. Rosemont attracts a diverse student body, which brings different experiences and knowledge to the classroom, providing a robust learning experience.
- Easy & Free to Apply: We believe a quality education should be affordable and attainable, and our application
process reflects this commitment. Applying is easy, and free. Click here for information on how to apply.
Look Forward to a Successful Career
Gradutes of Rosemont's Applied Psychology program will be prepared for a variety of careers, including:
- Child development specialist
- Activities director
- Employment counselort
- Career information specialist
- Human resources manager
- Correctional treatment specialist
- Conservation worker
- Public relations specialist
- Click here to view more career options.