All applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university (preferably with a GPA of 3.0 or higher). Formal admission is granted only after all admissions materials have been received and reviewed, and all standards have been met.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply to the MA in Publishing Program
- Free Online Application.
- Request all previous undergraduate (and graduate) institutions send your official transcripts to Rosemont.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from those who can address your academic or professional competencies.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, you must submit official copies of TOEFL scores.
- Submit your Statement of Purpose:
- The Statement of Purpose allows us to consider how you see yourself. In about 500 words, your essay should address questions such as: What in your life has brought you to this program? What are your educational goals in attending this program? What are your professional goals? What skills and qualities will you bring to our program? Constructing an overall narrative about your life is key, but even a personal story or two can help.
- Submit a Writing Sample. Choose one category from the following, and please submit as pdf:
- Non-fiction articles published in print or online: 3-5 articles (5-20 pages total)
- Papers written for courses: 1 term paper (roughly 15-30 pages)
- Professional Writing (reports, proposals, manuals, presentations, etc.): 1-2 examples, excerpts fine (no more than 20 pages)
- If your writing sample doesn't fit these examples, contact the Program Director.
- Submit a current resume.
All written documents (writing sample, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation) must be submitted as Microsoft Word documents or PDFs to email@example.com.