How to Apply
All applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university (preferably with a GPA of 3.0 or higher). Formal admission is granted only after all admissions materials have been received and reviewed, and all standards have been met.
Submit Supporting Documents and Information
- Free Online Application
- Request all previous undergraduate (and graduate) institutions send your official transcripts to Rosemont.
- Request two letters of recommendation, preferably from those who can address your academic and/or professional competencies. OR you may submit one letter of recommendation and schedule an interview with Program Director Marshall Warfield.
- If you are an international applicant, you may need to submit additional documents. For details, please see our international student page.
- Submit your Statement of Purpose:
- The Statement of Purpose allows us to consider how you see yourself. In about 500 words, your essay should address questions such as: What in your life has brought you to this program? What are your educational goals in attending this program? What are your professional goals? What skills and qualities will you bring to our program? Constructing an overall narrative about your life is key, but even a personal story or two can help.
- Submit a Writing Sample. Choose one category from the following, and please submit as pdf:
- Non-fiction articles published in print or online: 3-5 articles (5-20 pages total).
- Papers written for courses: 1 term paper (roughly 15-30 pages).
- Professional Writing (reports, proposals, manuals, presentations, etc.): 1-2 examples, excerpts fine (no more than 20 pages).
- If your writing sample doesn't fit these examples, contact the Program Director.
- Submit a current resume.
Rosemont College has rolling admissions, meaning that prospective students can apply at any time before the Final Deadline.
Those who submit all application materials before the Priority Deadline will receive an initial response within two weeks.
Summer II 2023
Priority Deadline: Friday, April 28, 2023
Final Deadline: Friday, June 30, 2023
Priority Deadline: Friday, June 23, 2023
Final Deadline: Friday, August 4, 2023
Priority Deadline: Friday, November 3, 2023
Final Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2024
Summer I 2024
Priority Deadline: Friday, March 4, 2024
Final Deadline: Friday, April 15, 2024
All written documents (writing sample, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation) must be submitted as Microsoft Word documents or PDFs to email@example.com.