Masters of Arts in Education (M.A. ED)
The M.A. in Education Degree is designed specifically to meet the professional development needs of teachers and educators and to provide the opportunity to earn a Master’s Degree (10 classes – 30 credits).
- EDU 4520 – Teaching English Language Learners (ELL)
- EDU 4513 – Teaching and Technology
- EDU 4518 – Social and Political Issues in Education
- EDU 4524 – Teaching Models and Learning Theories
- EDU 4568 – Multicultural and Diverse Classrooms
- EDU 4528 – Standards Aligned Curriculum & Instruction
- EDU 4595 – Action Research in Education
- EDU 4540 – Special Education Legal Requirements
- EDU 4561 – Writing in the 21st Century*
- EDU 4590 – Classroom Assessment and Analysis
The M.A. in Education Degree with Thesis Option (10 classes – 3 credits each) is available for students who plan to complete a Doctoral Degree in Education. Students will choose to complete either a qualitative or quantitative thesis. EDU 4545 Research and Statistics course and EDU4620 Master’s Thesis required.
*Not required for M.A. Degree with Thesis.