Jeff MacNamara, MA
An alumni of Rosemont College's Counseling Graduate Program, Jeff MacNamara was the recipient of Rosemont College’s Presidential Medal for graduate students in 2014. He currently is employed as a School Counselor for the Norristown Area School District. Prior to becoming a school counselor, Jeff worked as a Deputy Sheriff and then as an Adult Probation and Parole Officer for Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
He has worked with criminal offenders and the court system for approximately eight years. Jeff is passionate about being School Counselor because to him there is nothing more rewarding then to motivate an unmotivated student, focus on an unfocused student, inspire the uninspired student and be a positive role model for all students he encounters.
- MA, Counseling Psychology.
- Certification: Educational Specialist I (PK-12)
- Rosemont College
- BA, Psychology
- Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, PA
- Presidential Medal (April 2014) - Rosemont College
- The recipient of the Presidential Medal is the highest honor bestowed on a student.
- Outstanding Achievement at the Graduate Level (April 2014)
- Rosemont College Maintained a GPA of 3.9 or higher.
- Rookie of the Year (2010)
- Montgomery County Adult Probation & Parole Department Recognition of valued contributions to the Adult Probation & Parole Department.