Benefits of Act 101
- Orientation session to familiarize students with the program.
- Students receive personalized attention from the ACT 101 Academic Counselor.
- Peer Mentors are available to advise and assist student with acclimation to life on campus and meeting the challenges of college academics.
- Students have dedicated computers in the tutoring lab for ACT 101 use only.
- Students are provided with supplemental computer classes to increase their proficiency.
- Students participate in community service programs. Past service project examples include a canned food drive for St. Francis Inn, Philadelphia and an Easter Egg Hunt for the children of the GESU School of Philadelphia.
- Students who are active in the program and demonstrate leadership skills could have the opportunity to become Peer Mentors and receive a stipend each semester.
- Social events are held throughout the year (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, etc.)
- End-of-year cultural trip to explore the city of Philadelphia! All fees, transportation and meals are included! In the past, we have visited The Constitution Center and The Academy of Natural Sciences.
Peer mentors are an integral part of the ACT 101 program. Meeting regularly with ACT 101 members in small groups, and also one-on-one, peer mentors discuss class progress and guide students through their first few semesters here at Rosemont College. Familiar with the campus and the SASC staff, peer mentoring is a strong and positive component of the entire ACT 101 program.