Master of Science, Orientation and Mobility (O&M)
O&M specialists work in various professional settings, including public schools, residential schools for students with visual impairments, rehabilitation agencies, and Veteran Administration Medical Centers. In partnership with Salus University, Rosemont offers students a direct track to a Master’s of Science Degree in Orientation and Mobility (O&M).
There are excellent employment opportunities in the field of O&M due to a national shortage of these professionals.
Salus University guarantees Rosemont students reserved admission to the Master of Science, Orientation and Mobility (O&M) Program for students who meet the Program requirements.*
Applications for the Department of Blindness and Low Vision Studies Masters and Certificate programs are accepted each semester with the following deadlines:
- Fall Semester - June 30th
- Spring Semester - November 15th
- Summer Semester - March 30th
The Orientation and Mobility Program at Salus University is noted for the following:
- It prepares O&M specialists with the knowledge and skills needed to teach those with blindness or vision impairments skills to remain oriented in their environment and mobility skills to be independent within their environments
- The program can be completed in four semesters full-time or part-time
- Students are prepared for the requirements for the national certification by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP)
*Guaranteed admission is limited to a maximum of five Rosemont students per each Cohort (“Maximum Guarantee”). Students will be prioritized for the guaranteed reserved admission based on the date a student’s application is received by Salus. If any Rosemont student applies after the Maximum Guarantee has been met, the Rosemont students’ applications will be included in the Master of Science, Orientation and Mobility (O&M) degree program application process.
Eligible students must be in good academic and social standing at Rosemont College and have completed a bachelor’s degree from Rosemont College.