ACE Drexel Nursing Program
Earn your BA in Biology at Rosemont College before completing your BSN through Drexel University’s Accelerated Career Entry (ACE) program. Through the intensive immersion in nursing science, as well as a guided entrance into the nursing profession, the ACE program prepares you to take your place as a registered nurse in a convenient, accelerated format.
For the 4+1 program, Drexel University considers applicants during their senior year at Rosemont College. Candidates must have completed or currently be enrolled in the required prerequisite classes. Rosemont recommends majoring in Biology following the Pre-Health Track to meet the prerequisite requirements.
- Candidates for admission must have completed a bachelor’s degree at Rosemont College with a 3.0 overall GPA.
- Candidates applying may not have grade of C or below in two or more science prerequisites (see 1.C) or prior Nursing courses.
- Accepted students must complete all prerequisite courses for the ACE program (see 1.C) at least two months before matriculation in addition to satisfying compliance requirements.
- Applicants born outside of the United States, Australia, New Zealand, The United Kingdom,
Canada or Ireland, regardless of citizenship, native language or location of degree-granting
institutions are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
- Passing test score for ACE applicants is TOEFL – iBT minimum combined score of 79 or better with a 26 or higher in the speaking section, TOEFL paper-based exam minimum scores of 550,
- If the applicant takes the paper-based TOEFL exam, they must also take the TSE (The Spoken English) exam and earn a minimum score of a 55.
- Minimum scores for IELTS is a combined score of at least a 6.5 with a 7.5 or higher on the speaking section.
- Students who completed four years of high school and received a high school diploma from any of the above countries can have the TOEFL/IELTS exam waived by providing a copy of the high school transcript(s) reflecting the four years of attendance and date of graduation.
- Students who met the TOEFL requirements when admitted to Rosemont College will not
be required to retake the TOEFL examination as those scores can be utilized at Drexel.
- Student is in good academic standing at Rosemont, and all prior institutions attended.
- Student is in good social standing, including but not limited to confirmation that student is free of any disciplinary/student conduct record with no unresolved or pending disciplinary/student conduct issues at Rosemont, and all prior institutions attended.
- As required of all admitted or re-admitted students to Drexel, the student will be required to answer the criminal history disclosure question on the Drexel application and may be subject to further review.
- Admitted students will have 60 days from the date of their offer of acceptance to confirm their enrollment in the form of the $500 enrollment deposit. They are also permitted to request a deferral from one term to another, once. Requests to defer may be denied at the discretion of the admissions department.