The POWER of Curiosity
If you're looking to make the most of your college experience -- both inside and outside the classroom -- then our Honors Program at Rosemont College is for you. The Honors Program is a community of like-minded students who thrive in an atmosphere that is personal, challenging, and rewarding.
By joining the program, you'll have the opportunity to take special courses, designed by our faculty from across disciplines, intended to give you the depth and richness you desire. Qualified students will be notified of their eligibility.
Highlights of the Program
- Special housing in living-learning communities, including Gracemere, our “Honors House.”
- Honors classes and seminars capped at 15 students.
- Seminar topics including everything from "Science and Religion" to "The Arts of Egypt" and "North Africa to International Relations."
- The ability to enrich almost any course through a “contract” with the professor, enabling you to earn honors credit.
- Opportunities to participate in enhanced research and internship projects, leading to presentations at regional Honors Conferences.
- The chance to get to know the Honors community by attending gatherings and events organized by the Honors Board.
- The privilege to meet privately with invited guests and speakers before and after events.
- The possibility of serving on the Honors Board and organizing events for the entire College community.
- The distinction of being recognized individually at Commencement and receiving a specialized diploma, indicating successful completion of the program with the Latin phrase in cursu honorum.
How Do You Successfully Complete the Honors Program?
You need to complete four of your General Education requirements through Honors sections, take two honors courses in your major, engage in eight Honors-designated events, participate in a service project, and complete an Honors Capstone.