Academic Exploration Program
Deciding to enroll in college is only half the battle.
So many doors of opportunities are opened during this adventure of college life. After all, you chose a higher education to better prepare your future self. Building your future self comes with many decisions like:
- What is a major?
- How do I choose a major?
- What major best fits my goals?
- How do I balance my major requirements with other priorities?
- How will I be able to leverage this major with my future career goals?
- Which courses should I take to enhance my preparedness in the workplace?
- Which courses will provide me with cultural opportunities and well-rounded thinking?
Rosemont College’s Academic Exploration Program (AEP) addresses the needs of first year and undecided students by providing answers to those concerns. This provides an opportunity to explore the variety of majors offered, and strategies and tools needed for a viable and fruitful academic experience.
This program offers you opportunities to network with faculty, upper level students, administrators, and alumni to assist you with exploring your interests, strengths, and passions.
This program will be located in Kaul Hall, in the First Year Resource Center. This allows the program to extend a connection to the student outside of the classroom. It is available to both resident and commuter students.
Fall Semester Events
Exclusive weekly staffed hours in the First Year Resource Center in Kaul Hall, providing an opportunity to speak with an Academic Advisor about majors and careers.
- August 24th College Survival: Making the most of your first semester classes
- August 29th Involvement Fair: Introduction to AEP
- September 10th Balancing Act: Life strategies for scheduling class, readings, projects and studying that can carry over to your future careers
- September 17th Channel Your Tension: Building skills to make your stress work for you and increase your productivity
- October 8th Career Exploration: How career and majors intersect; preparing for spring semester registration
- October 22nd Build Your Strength: How personal strengths and career choices complement one another
- November 4th Are Your Ducks in a Row? Planning ahead for career success
- November 12th Breaking Bad: Identifying bad habits now that could impede your future
- December 4th Midnight Madness: Finals preparation
Spring Semester Events
- Specific Career Panels, Alumni Discussions, and much more……..