Zero-Tolerance Student Non-Compliance Policy
Rosemont College will take a zero-tolerance approach with respect to any violation of a policy or procedure related to protecting the community against the incidence or spread of Covid-19, as outlined in the Rosemont 2020 plan (and follow-up communications) as well as in “Our Promise to You, Your Promise to Us.”
A violation is defined as engaging in risky behavior such as:
- Hosting or attending a gathering such as an off-campus party or residence hall gathering
in violation of the following restrictions:
- Indoor gatherings may not exceed one person per 36 square feet and may not exceed 25 people in a single enclosed, indoor space.
- No more than four students may be in a residence hall double or no more than two in a residence hall single at any time.
- All participants must wear face coverings and maintain a six-foot distance from others regardless of the number of participants present.
- On-campus, outdoor gatherings may have no more than 25 participants and all participants must be wearing masks and social distancing.
- Breaking quarantine or isolation requirements as warranted and outlined in the Isolation Policy.
- Not wearing a proper face covering (mask) both indoors and outdoors at all times while on campus., except in one’s personal, assigned, or private room in a residence hall room with the door closed.
- Not abiding by classroom protocols.
- Failing to conduct a daily symptom check using the Raven Safe smartphone app.
Consequences for non-compliance (following an on-campus conduct hearing):
- Being banned from the residence halls and the campus for a specified amount of time. During this time students must attend all classes remotely.
- Students may be subject to additional sanctions, up to and including dismissal from the College, depending on the severity of the violation. In such instances there will be no refund of tuition, except as set forth in the College’s standard refund policy.
Students, faculty, and staff are expected to report incidents of violation to the Office of Student Life.