Rosemont 2020 - Life On Campus
We are committed to providing all of our students a high-quality and personalized educational experience, while keeping the College’s campus as safe as possible.
- Mask use and social distancing are required, and hand hygiene is of paramount importance. We will have signs everywhere on campus to reinforce these critical actions. Information from PLOS Medicine Journal.
- Each classroom and shared space on campus will be clearly labeled with a maximum occupancy based on social distancing guidelines, and those capacities will be enforced.
- In addition, we’ve developed a classroom protocol that will guide our interactions inside the classroom.
All of these protocols and guidelines are guided by the College’s mission statement, fundamentally rooted in respect for each member of the College community, and grounded in the truth that safeguarding our campus is a shared responsibility. To that end, we’ve developed a statement that summarizes this guiding principle: Our Promise to You. Your Promise to Us.
The College is also implementing the following through the guidance of Main Line Health Systems, as well as the direction of the CDC’s advice for Higher Educational Institutions:
- Raven Safe, our smartphone app, is now ready to be downloaded and used to help keep Rosemont College Safe! . The app will be used by all students, faculty, and staff to conduct daily self-check health screenings. App clearance will be required for all faculty and staff to enter campus, and for all students to enter the Dining Hall and/or classrooms.
- The Offices of Student Engagement and Leadership and Student Life are working to create on-campus experiences that will provide opportunities for our students to connect with each other in a meaningful, yet safe, way. In addition, the Office of Campus Ministry has plans to offer Mass and other spiritual and service experiences on campus this Fall.
- The Offices of Wellness and Counseling are delivering their services in-person and virtually to provide options for students.
- We have upgraded the filtration of the HVAC systems across campus. The new filtration in place is MERV level 13 and 14, defined as having an arrestance rate of greater than 98%.