Alternate content for script Text Only VersionSkip to Main Content

Wedding Process

Couples may inquire about dates for their wedding ceremony 12 to 18 months before their requested date. Please complete the following form to make your inquiry.

wedding request rental form

Step 1: Once a couple's inquiry has been requested and eligibility has been confirmed , the Rental Coordinator will schedule an appointment for the couple to meet with the Office of Campus Ministry.

Step 2: A Wedding Registration Form must be completed by the priest requested to be the presider at the wedding. A letter from either the bride or groom’s pastor giving permission for the couple to be married in the Rosemont College chapel is also required. Please complete the following form:

wedding registration form.

  • Once a couple's eligibility has been confirmed and the Letter of Permission and Wedding Registration Form have been received, we will schedule an appointment for the couple to meet with the Office of Campus Ministry. A wedding date will NOT be confirmed until AFTER the couple's first meeting with the Office of Campus Ministry, a wedding contract has been signed, and a deposit has been received.
  •  Please note that Rosemont College cannot provide a priest to preside for weddings. It is the responsibility of the couple being married to contact and confirm a presider for their wedding.

Step 3: The couple will meet with the Office of Campus Ministry to review the sacramental preparation process, Church requirements, and Rosemont College policies.

Step 4: After the couple meets with the Office of Campus Ministry, the Wedding Contract will be emailed to the couple.

  • The signed Agreement and a deposit of $300.00 should be sent to Rosemont College within three weeks in order to confirm the wedding date. Checks may be made payable to Rosemont College. Please send to the Office of the VP of Finance and Administration, attention Marty Mehringer. 1400 Montgomery Avenue, Rosemont, PA, 19010.
  • The time set aside for weddings at Rosemont College is 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Rehearsals take place on Friday evenings at 5:00 p.m.
  •  A date for the wedding ceremony will not be confirmed until the Rental Coordinator has received both the signed Wedding contract and the deposit.

Step 5: The paperwork for the wedding should be done by the priest who is the presider for the wedding. This paperwork includes the Prenuptial Investigation form, two witness forms for each party, and any necessary dispensations or permissions.

  • If the wedding paperwork is completed by a priest of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, it should be given by the priest to the Office of Campus Ministry one month before the wedding date.
  • If the paperwork is completed by a priest in another diocese, it needs to be sent by the priest to the Chancery Office of his diocese, who in turn will forward the paperwork to the Chancery Office of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. They will in turn send the paperwork to the Office of Campus Ministry at Rosemont.
  •  An approved Marriage Preparation Program (Pre-Cana) is required by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Preparation may be attended at any time during the couple's engagement, but not less than six months prior to the celebration of the sacrament of marriage. Please note that Rosemont College does not offer Marriage Preparation. The Office of Campus Ministry can assist you in finding local Marriage Preparation Programs to attend in the Philadelphia area.
  •  In addition to the Marriage Preparation requirement, there are a number of pre-marriage assessment inventories available to assist engaged couples in communication with each other about important issues that will affect their married lives together.
  •  Although Rosemont College does not require or administer a particular pre-marriage inventory, we strongly recommend that couples talk with their assisting priest about taking an inventory.
  • All couples need to meet with the Office of Campus Ministry at Rosemont College for a liturgical planning session at least three (3) months prior to the wedding to discuss appropriate readings, music, etc. for the wedding liturgy.
  • The couple must obtain a marriage license from a Clerk of the Orphan's Court in Pennsylvania. The license is valid for sixty days. The entire ORIGINAL Marriage License must be received by the Office of Campus Ministry THREE WEEKS prior to the wedding date. The license may be brought directly to the Office of Campus Ministry or sent to the Office of Campus Ministry via registered mail.
  • The Office of Campus Ministry will ensure that the marriage license is in the sacristy the day of the wedding for the priest to sign. The couple will receive the original certificate and the duplicate will be sent to the courthouse of origin for recording. A copy will also be kept in the St. Thomas of Villanova parish office.