Weddings at Rosemont
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia has granted permission for the celebration of Catholic weddings at Catholic colleges and universities. Rosemont College is pleased to be able to offer Immaculate Conception Chapel as a location for Catholic wedding ceremonies.
"A sacrament is an outward sign instituted by Christ to give grace." The Office of Campus Ministry offers sacramental preparation for the celebration and reception of the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. Additionally, all couples who will celebrate their wedding at Rosemont College will meet with the Office of Campus Ministry to prepare for the celebrating the sacrament of marriage.
The ordinary place for a Catholic wedding ceremony is the parish church of either the bride or the groom. There are extraordinary situations, however, when a wedding takes place in another church. Such a situation might exist when a strong relationship with a particular parish or church develops.
This relationship may develop during a time of significant spiritual growth or even a spiritual awakening for an individual. This spiritual growth often happens for Rosemont College graduates, who have spent their undergraduate years exploring and developing their faith.
As students at Rosemont College, alumni had the opportunity to fully participate in the spiritual life of the campus by attending Eucharistic celebrations and other spiritual offerings of the Office of Campus Ministry. The Office of Campus Ministry is happy to continue the relationship with alumni, helping the couple prepare to celebrate the sacrament of marriage and provide guidance in completing paperwork required by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Can I Get Married in Rosemont's Chapel?
- Alumni of Rosemont College, as well as siblings, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews of Rosemont College alumni
- Alumni of Holy Child School at Rosemont
- Current Rosemont College employees, as well as siblings, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews of Rosemont College employees
- One of the couple must be Catholic
The Facilities Rental Coordinator serves as the initial point of contact regarding weddings at Rosemont College. Please complete the following form to inquire about your eligibility to be married at Rosemont College. Inquiries should be made twelve to eighteen months before your requested date.
The Information You Need to Get Started
- Names of the bride and groom
- Their affiliation with Rosemont College
- Religion of both the bride and groom (one must be Catholic)
- Phone number and e-mail address for either the bride or the groom
- Dates you are interested in having your wedding ceremony
- Please note: The time set aside for weddings is Saturday afternoons at 3:00 p.m. Rehearsals are the day before at 5 p.m. The availability of Immaculate Conception Chapel is subject to the College's calendar, its closures, and special events.
Because Rosemont College lies within the boundaries of St. Thomas of Villanova parish, all documents, including the Sacramental Record of Marriage, will be kept on file at the St. Thomas of Villanova parish office.