Oktoberfest and Campus Celebration
Save the Date: Saturday, October 23, 2021
We’re combining Centennial festivities with our annual Oktoberfest and Family Weekend to host a celebration you won’t want to miss! Our beautiful campus will serve as the backdrop for a carnival, performances, exhibit opening, and much more. Read on to learn more and reserve your spot.
All Day: Scroll Through Rosemont’s First Century The Centennial Educational Sub-committee will also host a digital visual timeline of Rosemont’s history at computer stations in the Gertrude Kistler Memorial Library and the Community Center.
9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Athletics Homecoming Softball and Soccer Alumni games
10:30 am – 12:30 pm: Actions, Not Words: Our Voices, Our Paths: An accomplished and diverse group of alumni will share their personal stories of how Rosemont College’s mission and values have shaped their paths in life. Join us and you may see how Rosemont is reflected in your life. Sponsored by The Centennial Educational Sub-committee. The event will be held on campus in Rotwitt Theater and via Facebook Live. Click here to watch the event livestream.
12:00 – 4:00 pm: The Office of Leadership and Engagement, the Office of Alumni Relations, and the Centennial Celebration Sub-Committee will host an Oktoberfest Carnival on Connelly Green featuring:
- Attractions and games: pumpkin patch, inflatables, Velcro wall, giveaways, and more
- The opening of the Time Capsule buried by the Class of 1997 for the College’s 75th Anniversary
- The filling of a Centennial Time Capsule by the Class of 2022
- Beer and wine will be available for purchase (by adults 21 and older) at the “Ghost T House” – a nod to the T House of Rosemont’s early decades. The Office of Alumni Relations will provide complimentary drink tickets to attending alumni.
- Lunch will be available for purchase: $10 per person; free to Rosemont students and children ages 10 & younger
- The Centennial Education Sub-Committee will also host a display in the Gertrude Kistler Memorial Library.
1 pm & 2 pm: Campus tours: Whether you’re interested in learning more about Rosemont or haven’t seen our beautiful campus in a while, join us for tours led by our welcoming and knowledgeable admissions team. Tours begin on Connelly Green.
3:30 – 5:00 pm: The Centennial Service and Spiritual Sub-Committee and the Art Department host an opening reception for Concerning the Spiritual in Art? on display in the Patricia M. Nugent Gallery. The exhibit, based on Wassily Kandinsky’s book, Concerning the Spiritual in Art? features the work of artists with deep connections to Rosemont College. Complimentary light fare and wine will be served. All are welcome to attend. Learn more about the event.
5:30 – 6:30 pm: A Mass in celebration of the Centennial will be celebrated in the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception.
6:30 – 7:30 pm: Cap off the day with a happy-hour cocktail party at the “Ghost T House.”