Choosing a college major can be a tough decision - especially when your friends and classmates seem to have it all figured out. You're not alone! Many Rosemont alumni and even some of your professors were once faced with the same dilemma.
With this in mind, Rosemont has created the Academic Explorations program, which will give you the opportunity to meet with faculty, administrators and alumni. The goal is to help you choose a major that emphasizes your strengths and interests while maximizing your opportunities - both during and after your time at Rosemont.
|previous Session examples
|Beyond the Books: Students will have an opportunity to have a tour of the library and find
out about the resources available to choose a major or for their
|Your Ticket to a Dream Job: Roundtable of students who will share their study abroad experience and how it relates to their major
| Hot Jobs with a Liberal Arts Degree: Students will have an opportunity to meet with professionals in popular fields
- Publishing/Marketing and Graphic Design
- Thomas V Hartmann, Graduate Publishing professor
- Tiffany Sumner, founder of Imprint Communications
- Sarah Yake, literary agent
- Laura Crockett, book review blogger and publishing program graduate student
- Susan Digironimo – Graduate Publishing professor and Director of Graphic Services for Rosemont College
- Social Work, Counseling & Non-Profit
- Liberal Arts to Career: Networking with Alumni
- Several alumni will share how their education at Rosemont, particularly the foundation in the liberal arts, led to their current careers
- How to use the Liberal Arts Experience
- Description: Students will learn to leverage their liberal arts experiences to advance their careers during and beyond college.