The Archives of Rosemont College are located in the Gertrude Kistler Memorial Library. Collections cover data from 1921, when the college was founded, to present day. Archives are open to researchers by appointment only. Inquiries can also be made by calling 610.527.0200 x2208, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MISSION OF THE ARCHIVES
The mission of the archives is to collect and preserve documents, photographs, publications and other materials that tell the history of the college.
Archival collections include:
- Histories of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus (SHCJ) and their founding of Rosemont College; SHCJ Philosophy of Education Also included are papers supporting the cause for sainthood for the Society’s foundress, Cornelia Connelly.
- Official college publications: yearbooks, student newspapers, catalogs, Alumnae/i News, etc.
- Documents that support the history of the college: College Journals from 1921-1968, Histories of the College, College Charter, Buildings & Grounds, Academic Programs, Student Life events, Faculty and Administration, Newspaper Clippings, Alumni Association, Artworks & Sculpture etc.
- Photographs: Graduations, Buildings & Grounds, Student Life, by subjects, Alumni folders by class, Sports, Drama.Audio/Visual: Oral Histories, Music Recordings by the “T-Tones”, Panel Discussions, Lectures, Speeches, Slides
- Memorabilia and Ephemera: includes scrapbooks.
- Records of the President’s Office and Board of Trustees.