Hoffmann & Henon / John McShain & John Nielan
The current Mayfield Hall is on the site of the Sinnott family’s stables. In 1921, the stable was converted for use as a science building, an art studio, and an auditorium. By 1929, the need for a new dormitory, including a dining room (removed in 1956), was evident. A plan was developed to use the foundation and back portion of the stables then add a new front and upper floors. Today, from the rear of Mayfield, one can see the remnants of the arched stable doors. Mayfield Hall is still a dorm with the college’s Wellness Center located on the first floor.