Good Counsel Hall

BUILT: 1928

ARCHITECTS: Hoffmann & Henon Co.

BUILDERS: John McShain & John Nielan

HISTORY: By 1928, Rosemont College needed more space for classrooms. With the arrival of Good Counsel Hall there were now 11 new classrooms; 2 science labs; a 300-seat auditorium; and offices for the college president and the dean.

MAJOR ADDITION: In 1931, art studios were added in the attic.

CURRENT USE: Today, Good Counsel is used for offices for the academic administration: undergrad, graduate and continuing education. The auditorium has been divided into meeting rooms.