& Mulrooney / John McShain
1956, the dining room for resident students was on the first floor of Mayfield
Hall; for non-residents it was in the “Tea House” – a building no longer in existence. The new facility is for all students and faculty. Cardinal Hall is a split-level
structure: the top floor can seat up to 500 for dining. It is also used for social functions on
campus. The lower level has offices for facility services. The building was named in honor of Cardinal
Dougherty, then the Archbishop of Philadelphia, a staunch supporter of the
college since its founding.