Gleeson & Mulroney
Since 1928, all of the science labs had been located in Good Counsel Hall, along with an auditorium in the basement. By the early 1950s, neither fitted the needs of a growing college. Plans were drawn for a new building dedicated to the sciences with an attached building for an auditorium. This new building complex was completed in 1953.
Geddes Brecker Qualls & Cunningham / Nason & Cullen, Inc.
In 1992, after 38 years of use, a major revamping of the entire complex was needed. Work was completed in December 1992. At this time, the names were changed to the Dorothy McKenna Brown Science Building – in honor of the president of Rosemont College from 1979 to 1991. The auditorium was now the McShain Performing Arts Center.