The Archdiocese of Philadelphia has granted permission for the celebration of Catholic weddings at Catholic colleges and universities. Rosemont College is pleased to be able to offer Immaculate Conception Chapel as a location for Catholic wedding ceremonies.
The ordinary place for a Catholic wedding ceremony is the parish church of either the bride or the groom. There are extraordinary situations, however, when a wedding takes place in another church. Such a situation might exist when a strong relationship with a particular parish or church develops. This relationship may develop during a time of significant spiritual growth or even a spiritual awakening for an individual. This spiritual growth often happens for Rosemont College graduates, who have spent their undergraduate years exploring and developing their faith.
As students at Rosemont College, alumni had the opportunity to fully participate in the spiritual life of the campus by attending Eucharistic celebrations and other spiritual offerings of the Office of Campus Ministry. The Office of Campus Ministry is happy to continue the relationship with alumni, helping the couple prepare to celebrate the sacrament of marriage and providing guidance in completing paperwork required by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
The celebration of weddings at Immaculate Conception Chapel is limited to:
- Alumni of Rosemont College, as well as siblings, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews of Rosemont College alumni
- Alumni of Rosemont School of the Holy Child
- Current Rosemont College employees, as well as siblings, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews of Rosemont College alumni
The Office of College Relations
serves as the initial point of contact regarding weddings at Rosemont College. Please contact Toni MacDonald, Community Relations Liaison, to inquire about your eligibility to be married at Rosemont College and to set up an on-campus appointment. Inquiries should be made twelve to eighteen months before your requested date.
Please have the following information available when making your initial inquiry:
- Names of the bride and groom
- Their affiliation with Rosemont College
- Religion of both the bride and groom (one must be Catholic)
- Phone number and e-mail address for either the bride or the groom
- Dates you are interested in having your wedding ceremony
- Please note: The time set aside for weddings is Saturday afternoons at 3:00 p.m. The availability of Immaculate Conception Chapel is subject to the College's calendar, its closures, and special events.
Because Rosemont College lies within the boundaries of St. Thomas of Villanova parish, all documents, including the Sacramental Record of Marriage, will be kept on file at the St. Thomas of Villanova parish office.