Rosemont’s Master of Science in Strategic Leadership degree is designed for current and aspiring leaders who want to be at the forefront of organizational and societal change. The program focuses on innovation, change management and leadership development, with coursework that emphasizes the practical application of ethical leadership concepts and skills, critical thinking, organization innovation, decision-making and creative problem-solving. The Rosemont MSSL degree gives you a competitive edge by ensuring your education and skills are relevant and up to date with innovative leadership practices.
Students in the MSSL program will learn the fundamentals of ethical leadership and decision-making, along with how to communicate and lead in a culturally diverse environment at the organizational level. Our program teaches you how to lead change for innovation and alignment and gives you access to best practices for communicating across cultures and generations. You will learn how to best use technology to improve organizational effectiveness, along with the fundamentals of operating a business in a global economy. The MSSL curriculum provides you with the skills you need to leverage human capital as a tool to foster knowledge transfer and develop and implement strategist planning models.
Rosemont’s MSSL Program takes great pride in meeting the needs of our students by allowing them to choose from an online or on ground delivery format. Our faculty is made up of expert practitioners who share their real world experiences with students in a collaborative learning environment.
The online MSSL is in an accelerated format, meaning that each course last seven weeks. The program is comprised of 33 credits in total, and students can complete the degree requirement in less than 24 months (18 months on average). There are generally no prerequisites to course selection except that the thesis is completed at the end of the program. In addition, the 33 credits are made up of 11 defined courses, so there are no electives within the program.
The Rosemont MSSL program is designed to enable graduates to:
- Acquire fundamental leadership skills to become more effective within an organization.
- Learn multiple facets of organization behavior in the context of leadership theory and practice.
- Learn theories of leadership within personal and professional contexts.
- Learn management theory through leadership and the human application within organizations.
- Acquire knowledge specific to your area of business interest.
- Learn from instructors who have real-world business experience in a supportive and personal learning environment.
- Attend an institution whose core values — trust in and reverence for the dignity of each person; diversity in human culture and experience; and persistence and courage in promoting justice with compassion — are central to all of our classroom methodologies.
MSL 6600 Leadership Fundamentals: Ethical Leadership and Values-Driven Organizations
MSL 6610 Information Systems Strategy
MSL 6625 Organizational Psychology and Behavior
MSL 6630 Power and Politics of Communication
MSL 6640 Ethics, Integrity and Social Responsibility
MSL 6653 Economics in the Workplace
MSL 6670 Leading Change for Innovation and Alignment
MSL 6710 Globalization and Cultural Negotiation*
*The Global Study Program MSL 6715 may be taken in place of MSL 6710
MSL 6715 Decision-Making Methods
MSL 6730 Developing a Learning Organization for the Knowledge-Based Economy
MSL 6760 Thesis